Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends

Economic Trend opportunities 


1. Oil prices are stabilizing, which can result of new opportunities for drilling sights and locations so seek more resources in the U.S.
  Link: https://commercial.jpmorganchase.com/pages/commercial-banking/executive-connect/six-key-economic-trends

  When prices stabilize, it creates a guaranteed price point and formula to make profit and X amount of gallons or barrels sold. This could be incentive to drill in new locations where oil is abundant.

The most likely costumers who will capitalize on this opportunity would be oil tycoons in the industry such as BP, Exxon Mobile, Shell, and Texaco. Also, gas station franchise owners who will be able to develop more stores across the country. Which, in transition will benefit the consumer who purchases the gas at the stores. 

The opportunity would be difficult to exploit due to the extensive amounts of capital necessary to drill and fracking oil from the earth.  

I saw this opportunity because I am aware of the mass market their is for oil consumption and the amount of money involved.

2. America is declining in global economic power, which gives the opportunity to out source companies to different countries and conduct business else where other than the United States. 

  Link: https://www.thebalance.com/top-usa-future-economic-trends-3305666
  
   With other countries having thriving economies, this shows proof that entrepreneurs and business owners can thrive in these countries if choosing the right business model. 

   The customer of this opportunity would be business owners looking to extend their company outside the U.S and entrepreneurs. 

  The opportunity would be mildly difficult to exploit because even though these countries have thriving economies, finding what would sell successfully within that specific culture would be tricky to pinpoint.

I saw this opportunity considering I have traveled to other parts of the world and have realized that endless amount of business ideas that happen to thrive the United States that would also be successful in other countries. 

Regulatory Trend Opportunities 


1. The evolution of technology and the regulating the innovation for our safety 

    Link: https://www.pwc.com/us/en/services/consulting/risk-regulatory/top-policy-trends-2018.html#DoNoHarm

   With Amazon Alexa, and Google's voice operated artificial intelligence, this could create a problem for the safety of human beings as the more they involve. To where they develop a conscious more capable than a human beings. 
  
   People who develop security systems and firewalls for computers could capitalize off this opportunity. 

  This opportunity would be difficult to exploit for the reason that the likely hood of our own technology would kill is is very minimal at this point in time in technological innovation.

I saw this opportunity for the reason that robots could in slave the human race one day being a legitimate fear of mine. 

2.  The rise of cryptocurrencies will create disruption amongst countries and will need regulation. 

    Link: https://www.pwc.com/us/en/services/consulting/risk-regulatory/top-policy-trends-2018.html#VirtualCash

   The opportunity exist considering that cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin are not tied to only one countries region therefore allow anyone in the world to purchase it. In ways, having a decentralized currency like this could be a good thing because it is free of corruption. This gives the possibilities for Bitcoin banks to open and for store vendors start accepting Bitcoin as a from of payment. Which would be a great opportunity. Through the counter argument to this would be that with Bitcoin being decentralized, the value can fluctuate aggressively which calls the need for regulation.

   The customer of the opportunity would be business owners and entrepreneurs who truly believe in a decentralized currency or "world" currency. 

   I believe this opportunity would be easy to exploit. Bitcoin has finally made itself mainstream to most of the world. Now, the only thing waiting is for more regulation of the currency so people don't have to endure so much risk when accepting it as payment or purchasing Bitcoin itself.

I saw this opportunity for the reason that I myself am heavily invested in Bitcoin and believe in the meaning behind it. 
  

Comments

  1. Hey Chris,

    The point about artificial intelligence technology taking over is a very scary concept. However, I think that humans program these robots so I'm not sure to what extent they are able to function on their own, and would end up taking over the human population. This issue is something to consider economically though, because robots are taking over a lot of people's jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chis! I am too interested in cryptocurrencies. I dabbled with them for a little while last year. I believe that digital currency is the way of the future. Not being tied to any government or bank, no middle man, is really appealing for some people. However, for the same reason that some love it, others are scared by it. People who do not understand it's concept (it is a bit hard to grasp at first) and for those currently in power in the government or banking, do not appreciate what bitcoin and others can do for the world.

    As far as the actual material for this assignment, I like your variation in opportunities. However, it would have been more relevant to "regulations" if you tied your answers to some bill in congress or law that has been signed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed by the number 2 part, of America’s declining in global economic power, since I thought America has still been the most influential in global economy whether it is in a strong or weak period. It is true that other countries have made a substantial growth in power in the global economy market, and I agree with the idea that maybe it’s time for a lot of businesses in the States to go outside and start a business in other countries.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

29A Venture Concept #2

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No.2

Whats your Secret Sauce?