Assignment 11A- Napkin Idea

1. My name is Christopher Klein and I am 22 years old and a Junior here at the University of Florida on track for a degree in Finance with a Minor in Real Estate. A few of my best talents happen to be meeting and talking to new people and playing golf. Majority of my experiences within college happen to be across the board including an internship in Chicago which gave me the ability to travel to Ohio, Pennsylvania, and California as well. I also have had the luxury of having the opportunity of seeing the middle east during my sophomore trip to Israel two summers ago. All these things have shaped the way I see the world today. My Aspirations are to submerge myself in the field of Commercial Real Estate and obtain employment in either the acquisitions or new development division for Student Housing. If I started my business now, I would see myself focusing majority of my attention to making it successful and putting all other goals on hold. I can see myself in the future selling the business off once finally up and running so I can pursue other endeavors.

2. The product I will be offering to customers is implementing a roadway that is parallel to the highway system that individuals and families can use when there is a traffic jam present for a fee. By doing this, people will have options will dealing with the inconvenience of traffic which will allow them to get to places and locations within a desired time. The roadway will have double lanes and extend down I-95 starting from Jacksonville and ending in Miami. Toll booths will be located for cars to enter and exit the system from the high way in 2 mile increments so people can freely enter and exit the roadway system.

3. The people who would be my target audience will be business professionals who utilize the highway system on a daily basis to commute to work and travel long distances.

4. They will use my product so they can make their appointments and reservations on time when there is a traffic jam.

5. Nobody has ever done this before, making my product a monopoly.


I believe all of these elements fit together to show how my product would be successful in the real world. Not only do I have a huge advantage in the market being that I am the first to implement this, I also would be changing people's lives for the better. People will now be able to attend their meetings on time. Families will no longer miss their flights to their vacation destinations. The only challenging aspect would be developing the system and getting the approval by the state.

Comments

  1. Chris,

    This is a good idea, however I do see some issues. What happens when there is an accident on the main highway, and then one on the "express" highway as well? I think that maybe just expanding lanes in general through taxes could help solve the bigger issue of people slowing down when there is a traffic jam. I think that accidents can't be predicted, and they could easily occur on the express one too if it got too crowded.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

29A Venture Concept #2

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No.2

Whats your Secret Sauce?