Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No.2

My 3 Interviews:

Interview 1: 

                Question: What are your alternatives when deciding to purchase something? Does the price come into play? Quality? Style?


                Colten: "When I am making a purchase, I see things as how many uses can I extract out of the product. For instance, I would much rather choose to spend $150 on a leather wallet that will last for years over a cotton one that will get me 6 months of use if I am lucky. So I would say the quality of the product is something that I highly take into consideration. I'm happy to spend the money if I get what I pay for."


               Question: Do you more so purchase your goods online or going to the store? Do you prefer to finance them or pay all in cash?


                Colten:"It depends on the item, at home items I choose to just submit an order on Amazon, I know what I am getting and there isn't much of a chance of a surprise. If it's clothing, shoes, or groceries, I would prefer to go to the store. That way I can see the actual item and in some cases try it out before I make the purchase. I try to stay away from financing as much as possible. I have learned that paying for things right out is the best method appose to paying out interest to borrow money."

               Question: What gives you clarity that you made the right purchase? When do you realize a purchase was a bad idea?

               Colten: " Actually using the item when I've purchased it. I usually have a better understanding if I really needed the item or not when it is in my possession. If I impulse buy, I usually get the sense that this wasn't something I had to have after all."

         
Interview 2:
 
              Question: What are your alternatives when deciding to purchase something? Does the price come into play? Quality? Style?

            Sydney: Being that I'm a college student, price does matter a lot. I will go the extra mile to get a bargain or search for a coupon then opposed to paying full price. Also, you can get so many products pre owned for half of the original price! You just have to be okay with owning something that was used by someone else.

            Question: Do you more so purchase your goods online or going to the store? Do you prefer to finance them or pay all in cash?

             Sydney: I go to the internet for the best deals including websites like Ebay, Craigslist, and Let-go. That is how I came across the laptop, camera, and even the car that I own now. Everything else I usually will head to Walmart or Publix. I believe that financing is okay if the extra money your gonna spend in interest is worth having the item. Financing a flat screen TV? Probably not. A reliable car? I'd say so 

             Question: What gives you clarity that you made the right purchase? When do you realize a purchase was a bad idea? 

            Sydney: Usually when it either breaks or I realize I didn't need it in the first place and would have rather kept the money. I see things in terms of how long it will last me and how often I will use it. 


Interview 3:     

                    Question: What are your alternatives when deciding to purchase something? Does the price come into play? Quality? Style? 

                    Eric: Mostly the quality and what brand it is. I will spend the extra buck on something that is designer and rare cause it brings something interesting towards the person I am.

                     Question: Do you more so purchase your goods online or going to the store? Do you prefer to finance them or pay all in cash?

                      Eric. Online, for sure. Clicking a button on Amazon and having it show up at your front door within 48 hours make life far more easier than taking your time out of the day to go shopping. Do not get me wrong, shopping has its benefits but if I am not in a rush to get the item nor do I have to try it on, online shopping is the route for me. I stay away from financing as much as possible. I would rather not be a slave to the banks.

                    Question: What gives you clarity that you made the right purchase? When do you realize a purchase was a bad idea?

                    Eric: How I feel after using it for a couple weeks, whatever it is. If I still have the same feeling when I bought it, I know I made the right decision.


Conclusion 
       After conducting these interviews, it is apparent that college students prefer the quality and price over an item than anything else. And if the item is expensive, they would want extended use out of it so they can have clarity that they got their moneys worth.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

29A Venture Concept #2

Whats your Secret Sauce?