26A Celebrating Failure
During this past semester, I have had several areas of struggle but one of them was a complete wake up call. Set aside from this class, I am also enrolled in two other courses. One them happening to be an elective that I assumed was an easy "A". It was focused on career development and taught ideas and theories that I thought were intuitive and easy to comprehend. Throughout the class, I received full credit and perfect score on majority of the assignments which lead to extending my confirmation bias. As time continued, my first exam was approaching fast. Instead of reviewing the material and taking the time to study, I quickly skimmed through lectures and notes 2 hours prior to the exam beginning. Going in with the mindset that most of the information was just basic logic in the first place. I started the exam and the first five question appeared to be in a second language almost. I couldn't recall a thing that the questions were relating to and ended up submitting my exam and receiving a lovely 62%. Which in return, brought my overall grade down to a 75% which has hindered my success in this class greatly.
I learned that you should never judge a book by its cover. Even though something seems easy from the surface, doesn't mean there isn't a whole world to learn beneath it. Also, even with non core classes, I should still be throughly prepared for any exam and know any information that might be presented in the form of questions.
I now understand even though failure is hard, it really all depends on the way you frame it. This class has taught me that if you see failure as an opportunity to learn, you really have nothing to loose. So then what real risk is there?
I learned that you should never judge a book by its cover. Even though something seems easy from the surface, doesn't mean there isn't a whole world to learn beneath it. Also, even with non core classes, I should still be throughly prepared for any exam and know any information that might be presented in the form of questions.
I now understand even though failure is hard, it really all depends on the way you frame it. This class has taught me that if you see failure as an opportunity to learn, you really have nothing to loose. So then what real risk is there?
Comments
Post a Comment