Growing Your Social Capital

1). Todd Phillips, Civil Engineer, Co-owner of a paving company located in Ormond Beach. Specifies in road construction of all types.

This individual would be the man creating the entire project and bringing it to life. He would have contractors, engineers, and construction and equipment operators on site constructing the road itself. We will work one on one creating the plan, figuring out what supplies are need, and how much capital it will cost.

I was able to get in contact with this individual by reaching out to a home town friend of mine who happened to be his son. He gave me his fathers email and got back to me in a quick manner after explaining what exactly I needed from him.

I was not able to get into contact with anyone who is associated with the private highway business in the states of Florida, therefore I could only complete question #1 in this assignment.

Reflect: After speaking with Mr. Phillips, I gained insight into an industry that I didn't have any knowledge before. It amazed me how open he was to sharing what he knew and what kind of challenges he faces on a day to day basis. This has made me more comfortable asking questions and picking peoples brains about the area of business they are associated with.

Comments

  1. That's wonderful that you have such a close contact who can help you and would be willing to work on the project with you. Did he seem to think this was a good idea? What hesitations did he have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,

    I was also surprised at how open and helpful the industry contacts I made were. It's great that you already had such a relevant connection. Maybe this contact could help connect you to others who could give you more insight into the industry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

29A Venture Concept #2

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No.2

Whats your Secret Sauce?