Bug List
- Bugs
- Gainesville parking during the night Why?-(Current supply of available parking)
- Wait time in emergency rooms 24/7 Why?-(The amount of Doctors readily available)
- Hand mailing slips out for delivery Why?-(No Machine created or available to the public(
- Folding cloths at home. Why?-(No machine or invention available.)
- The current highway system/traffic at 5:00 PM or during and accident. Why?-( Peoples psychology and not enough space on the highway.)
- Getting through TSA at the airport. Why?-(Strong security measures means longer wait times.)
- Homeless population in big cities. Why?-(Poverty stricken neighborhoods and low income, high unemployment.)
- Chemotherapy expenses for cancer patients. Why?-(The cost of treatment and for specific doctors.)
- The pain and discomfort of braces for your teeth. Why?-( No other way to shift them.)
- The physical exhaustion of bringing in groceries in from your car. Why?-( No invention is currently made.)
- Mail being stolen from houses. Why?-(Lack of proper security systems.)
- The volatile increase and decrease in gas prices. Why?-(Other countries and separate entities controlling the price.)
- The expensive price for a college textbook. Why?-(Monopoly in the market.)
- No dog friendly restaurant or places. Why?-(Possibility of a problem being caused with the animal.)
- Losing keys while out or inside your house. Why?-( No way of tracking them or keeping them strapped to your body.)
- Taking your car in for oil changes. Why?-(No other way of keeping it maintained.)
- Long wait at drive through restaurants. Why?-(The time it takes to cook the food and exchange it for money.)
- iPhone breaking/slowing down after 2 years. Why?-(Poor Longevity.)
- Laptops not holding long charges. Why?-( Battery poorly made, not efficient.)
- The awful smell of cigarettes. Why?-(Chemicals used to create them.)
REFLECTION:
I did not see this assignment as being a challenge when I was reading it over. Thinking to myself that there's "problems everywhere" and "could be fixed or made better." But when I started compiling the list, things did not naturally flow into my head as I anticipated. Being aware of this, I stepped away from the laptop and allowed things to naturally come to my attention throughout my day to day routine that didn't seam efficient or "right" in the world. A lot of the things I came up with were realized when I was laying in bed at night, traveling to and from class/work, and hanging out with friends. Overall, I did enjoy the assignment for the fact that it pushed me to critical think about why things are a certain way.
I like that so many of your "bugs" are issues we all could face on any given day. I also like how you brought up some bigger picture issues as well since these can be harder to come up with viable business solutions for. I had a similar experience when I thought this assignment would be very quick and easy but the ideas did not come as easily as I hoped, but after I stop trying to think of new "bugs" and just let myself experience them in my daily life it was a lot easier.
ReplyDelete