14A Half Way Point

1).What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course
   
      Answer: Time management, time management, and.... time management. With working full time and taking two other classes in addition to this one, my days are non-stop until I turn my light off for bed each night. I had to develop a set time and day for when I would dedicate all of my attention to this particular course which in turn, gave me a better foundation for work ethic and time management. If I did not acquire these two traits, I would constantly miss deadlines for certain assignments, 

2). Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?

     Answer: I am actually experiencing this as I type. It is dead middle of the semester and several deadlines for projects and exam dates are approaching and the feeling of drowning is a reality. Even with the stress, I am learning a lot about my personal strengths and weakness. During these moments, I feel as if I grow stronger and have more capability to take on stressful and tedious situations. I do feel like I have developed a tenacious attitude during this time and will be ready for new challenges coming next semester.

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

    Answer: 1.)Push yourself and do not steer away from the potential of failure. Experiencing failure is also the time you feel the foundation of growth from with inside. You learn more about yourself and what your true limitations are. Everything in this world that is worth obtaining is not suppose to be easy. Therefore, go the extra mile if you want it bad enough.

                  2.) Your time is your most valuable asset. Learning how to manage it will save you entirely from stressful nights and split second deadlines. Even though assignments are only worth a few points a piece, they will add up quickly the more you miss. Schedule time to do them accordingly. 


                   3.) Make the course relatable to yourself. Do not just choose a product or service just because that is what the assignment entails. Choose something you would actually like to see changed or enhanced in this world. It will make things less evasive when completing the long writing requirement assignments. 



Image result for ambition meme

Comments

  1. Chris,

    I agree that you should do something that you find interesting because it makes the class more enjoyable. In addition, you have a very strong work ethic. I struggle being consistent with my online classes and when I do the work. I think that if I were to schedule when I did each class, my life would feel more organized. I might try your strategy next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very helpful tips, Chris! Time management is always difficult with any online course, and it is impressive that you are able to do well in this class while working full time and taking another class. I also agree that scheduling things is very important. I used to think scheduling activities was restrictive, but it really does help you get done what is important and open up a lot of free time.

    I hope you can push through the stress you are feeling right now and relax and know you've done well once you reach the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris,

    It is definitely hard to keep up with everything working a full time job and two other classes, I am in the same situation. I try to keep to my schedule, but different obligations have required me to accept that I may not get an A in every class and that that's okay. I'm glad you are able to find a way to manage your time better, a skill that will help you not only in other classes, but in your future career as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

29A Venture Concept #2

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No.2

Whats your Secret Sauce?